(Update: Based on the lengthy comments by fellow bloggers on the article What Have You Got Against Personal Finance Bloggers? @ Money, Matter, and More Musings, it seems like a lot of bloggers *HATE* linkfests and weekly roundups! I find this surprising since I mostly enjoy them. I don't have the time to read through all the blogs out there and I like "discovering" articles that I may have missed, through a fellow blogger with similar tastes as mine. And if I am on a new blog and do not have similar tastes as that blogger, I just skip past the roundup post. Also, a weekly roundup represents an opportunity to link and get linked from folks who think like me. So, week after week, I have been spending a significant amount of time in rounding up my faves and writing a commentary around them. And if no one really likes it, I guess there is no point in continuing to do it. So here is a question to you - a reader of this blog - do you really care for the weekly roundups? If "yes" please leave me a comment below. Otherwise, this below, will be the last roundup post.)
This week I participated in the Pro Blogger Group Writing Project that invited bloggers from all walks of life to write an article around the theme "Top 5". I entered with the article 5 Gifts for Mom That Won’t Ever Go Out of Fashion. The project received an unbelievable number of entries - drumroll, please - 893 in 4 days! It was quite a nightmare to go through the list and pick the best ones related to personal finance. I finally managed to pare it down to a list of 25. This list took me a long time to compile, and I just don't have the energy today to write a commentary on each article as I usually do for my weekly roundups. So, here it is. I hope you enjoy them -
- The Top 5 Ways to Become a Millionaire by Jeremy
- The Top Five Steps to Grow Your Net Worth by FMF
- Top 5 Ways To Save Money Without Noticing by jim
- Top 5 Reasons Personal Fiance Blogs Are Better Than The Media by Canadian Dream
- Top 5 Reasons To Save For Retirement Now! by Retire Happy
- Top 5 Reasons I Started and Continue A Personal Finance Blog by Sun
- Top 5 Good Reasons to Sell a Stock by Q
- Why Your Mom is the Engine of Growth in the Global Economy by Ben
- Top 5 Financial Tips for Recent Graduates by Elizabeth
- Five Reasons That Credit Cards Rock and Debit Cards Suck by nickel
- 5 ways to reduce your car’s fuel consumption (and save you money) by Scott Bird
- Top 5 Obsessions Of A Finance Blogger: Stuff I Like And How It Affects My Wallet by Silicon Valley Blogger
- How to Budget for a New Baby - 5 Top Tips by Maria Crickett
- Top 5 Ways to Save Money While in School by Brett McKay
- Top five ways to kill your retirement dreams by mbhunter
- More Money: 5 Ways to Earn Extra Cash in Your Spare Time by J.D. Roth
- 5 Steps To Improve Your Credit Score by derek
- Top Five Reasons to Index Your Portfolio by Canadian Capitalist
- The 5 Smart Things To Do When You Purchase An Item With A Warranty by Dana
- Top 5 Paths to a Million Dollars by Lazy Man and Money
- Top 5 Mistakes Made By Real Estate Investors During the Housing Bubble by Joshua Dorkin
- Top 5 Ways To Go Broke by Nirav Desai
- A simple Top 5 trading/investing checklist by Falkor
- Top 5 Wealth Secrets by Chee Kui
- Top 5 Tips for the College Grad by Kim Roach (Not really “personal finance”, but great advice for recent grads!)
Finally, the list of Carnivals and Festivals for the week.
- The Festival of Frugality was hosted at Money $mart Life.
- The Carnival of Personal Finance was hosted at Money, Matter and More Musings.
- The Carnival of Debt Reduction was hosted at Journey to Financial Freedom.
- The Best of Blogosphere: "Personal Finance Bloggers are Remarkably Funny!" Edition
- The Best of Finance Blogosphere: "Ugh, It’s Tax Time" Edition
- The Best of Finance Blogosphere: The Ugly Monster Called "Debt"
- The Best of Finance Blogosphere: Some Great ‘Series’ to Watch Out