Before we go to the round up of my favorite posts from this week, here are a few reminders.
One of our own, Stephanie Collins, from the ever-interesting blog Poorer than you is among the finalists for $10,000 student blogging scholarship! Don’t forget to vote for her!
If you are a personal finance blogger please consider participating in the PF Blogs Financial Literacy Challenge. It will be great if you can contribute, if not, I hope you will help spread the word. Every bit helps!
I currently am running a giveaway of a fascinating new book called “Your Money and Your Brain” that explores the psychology of personal finance with a lot of examples, stories and surveys. All you have to do to win is leave a comment on this post.
Finally, Monday is Blog Action Day where a lot of bloggers come together to write on one common topic – the environment. If you are a blogger, consider participating in this fun event.
Now onto some articles that caught my eye on the blogosphere.
- Achieving Financial Freedom - I've Retired In My Forties @ My Wealth Builder. (This is undeniably the best post I have read this week. It fills me with so much hope, reassurance and motivation…
- 5 essential tasks to minding your online business @ Mighty Bargain Hunter. I have a major dilemma on this topic that I have been avoiding for a while. I am currently on blogger. On the one hand, it offers a lot less flexibility than wordpress and so I would love to move. On the other hand it helps me avoid hassles about hosting mentioned by MBH and my lazy ass loves not having to worry about these things. Blogger has been able to handle the couple of surges I got due to being digg’d and I love this hassle free hosting. For now, I will put off the dilemma for some more time :)
- Snowflaking – a primer @ I’ve paid for this twice already. A must-read if you are a fan of the debt snowball method!
- 5 types of credit card users @ Cash Money Life. I am a hybrid of the Max Payer and an Arbitrager. What are you?
- 6 ways you are passing up free money @ Brip Blap. Some great tips here. In addition to these tips, I use credit card arbitrage, employee stock purchase plan and services that give back (eg. realtor who gives back 1%) to make some free money.
- Fat tax @ Thrifty Penny. Boy, if there was really a tax for not going to the gym, I’d be so broke! :)
- Best and Worst Financial Decisions @ Plonkee Money. My best decision has been to invest in the 401K too!
- Willing to pay more for... @ Saving for a Home of My Own. I personally will pay more for quality.
- How to make money from merger arbitrage @ Creative Investor 101. This is some hard core stuff! I am still dipping my toes into the work of investing and find such articles so fascinating :) Some day hopefully I too will be a part of the elite investors club!
- No rush to pay off my student loans @ Money Blue Book. This is a very good read if you have student loans at low interest rate.
- Top 10 cheapest ways to exercise @ The Digerati Life. Boy, SVB just took away one of my excuses (going to the gym costs too much). Wonder how I will over come the other excuse (don’t have enough time).