Putting My Money Where My Mouth Is

If you are a regular visitor to this blog, then you have probably heard me complain that schools don’t do nearly enough to teach kids the value of money. Well, last week an opportunity to do something about it presented itself in the form of an email from HC, the author of the blog One Big Mortar Board. HC proposed that we PF Bloggers participate in the Blogger Challenge by the charitable organization Donors Choose that hooks up donors with public school teachers. HC picked four projects that are focused on spreading financial literacy among young kids. Now it is our turn to make it a success.

The goal is to raise $1500. If we are successful at this, we can aim for a stretch goal of $2400. That covers the four projects that were originally suggested by HC. There are four more projects in the pipeline, if we manage to exceed the stretch goal as well. I sure hope we will !

I made my contribution yesterday. I hope some of you readers will consider participating in the challenge as well. Even $1, $5 or $10 can go a long way in making this campaign a success. If the projects from this challenge can change the financial perspective of even a few students, then the money donated is money well spent!

Here are the other bloggers (that I know of) who have made a pledge so far -



Together, we can make a difference!



If you like this article, you can bookmark it or subscribe to the feed.

0 Comments: